Sunday, January 21, 2007

Yahoo!

Today I checked my e-mail after church, and there it was, the long awaited home study draft. I had resigned myself to the fact that tomorrow would be the earliest day we'd see it, so I was pleasantly surprised. This is one tiny step closer...
Here's the way the process works from this point. When our agency receives the final copy of the home study, they will submit our LOI(letter of intent) to China. China will then issue our pre-approval to adopt Zeke.
Also when the home study is finalized, a copy will go to CIS. They will then approve it and issue our I-171H, the final document needed for our dossier. Once all the documents are sealed and authenticated, our dossier will go to our agency and then to China. From that point, it is an estimated wait of 2-4 months for travel approval. (I know I've probably left out a few details.)
Today's encouragement comes from Psalm 139:16: And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them. The key is to remember this in all the "waiting days" still to come!

No comments: