Wednesday, March 14, 2007

On its way!!


Well our dossier is now on its way to our agency! I dropped it off last night a FedEx- all 2.5 pounds of it! I must have counted those 14 documents and 14 copies a thousand times! The FedEx man kept saying, "Good night. That's it. You're done." Meanwhile, he was holding the airbill...I thought, "I am not walking out that door until that airbill is attached to my package!" And I didn't. I doubt many people walk out of Fedex with as big a smile as I had last night... Here is a picture of the dossier. I didn't include the copies, but they basically look the same. We had to copy the documents and all the seals that went with each one.
Many have asked, "What's next?" The dossier goes to our agency (It has left Indianapolis now. My new habit is obsessively tracking my FedEx package.). They will check it over very carefully, and hopefully find everything in order. They send a package to China every Friday, so I'm hoping ours will go this week. Once it gets to their Beijing office, someone walks it over to the China Center for Adoption Affairs. They will log it in and give us a "Log In Date (LID)." From this date, it is an estimated 2-4 months until we get our Letter of Acceptance, which is followed in 2-4 weeks(usually) by Travel Approval. Once we receive TA, our travel dates are set, and we head off to China.
I also found out yesterday that we can send a small photo album to Zeke through our agency. We're trying to decide if we want to do this, or send a larger care package, through a company that does this. The photo album would help him be sort of familiar with our faces before we meet. Can you imagine being two, never having seen a Western-looking person before, and then being handed over to one?!?! Scary!

No comments: