This week at school, we heard a devotion about Proverbs 16:9, "A man's heart plans his way, but the Lord determines his steps." It was very timely, considering the week I had! Today was no different, and a real reminder that I am not in control! And the great thing is, I don't have to be! Not my job!
Yesterday, after school, Josh and I got a quick biteto eat, went to his doctor appointment, and then headed to downtown Annapolis to get some county and state seals. That went off without a hitch. Well, a couple minor hitches. First, when I got to the county clerk's office, I realized I had left a page of one of our documents on the copier at Staples! EEK! Fortunately, that was turned in and returned to us later. The other hitch was that after getting our seals, I once again got lost when leaving the downtown area! That never fails, and perhaps shouldn't be seen as a hitch, since it's really the norm for me!
Well, I failed to check last night to see when FedEx opened up today. Who would have thought it didn't open until 9!! What's with that? So, we got a late start going to DC today. After some minor snaffus regarding exactly where we were headed, we arrived at the Department of State's Authentications office at 11:02. Unfortunately, they stop handing out numbers and lock the doors at 11:00. GROAN!AFter spending hours collecting, copying, checking, rechecking those documents, that was not the outcome I had hoped for... But, on the good side, we were able to deliver six documents to the Chinese Embassy for authentication. Those were the most critical, since one of them was close to being six months old, and after that, the Embassy won't authenticate it. These are small details in the whole scheme of things. I would guess that most people who have been through the paperchase that leads to adoption have at least one day like today, usually several, if not many! And still, we keep moving forward, one foot in front of the other. Yes, we make our plans as we go, but the Lord determines our steps. And that is a comforting thing.
Friday, March 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment