Monday, July 23, 2007

Red Couch Photos









It is a tradition in the Chinese Adoption community to take the childrens' pictures on the red couches at the White Swan Hotel here in Guangzhou. Today we met our travel group there for a photo session. I must add it's also tradition for a good number of the children to be crying in the pictures, and I think we followed tradition here as well.
You also see the traditional Mokwa child with pants on head picture (for you Tim and Bob), as well as a picture of our two wonderful guides, Judy and Genie. They really have gone out of their way to make this trip special.
I was sick yesterday, but feeling quite a bit better today.Zeke is asleep and once I attempt to eat some lunch, i may sleep too. Shane will have to post the family picture later, since it's on his dad's card.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

PRaise God that you are feeling better. You are still covered in lots of prayer. Love the pictures of the red couch but the favorite is the one with Zeke yearning to be picked up.

Anonymous said...

Since learning of your decision to adopt and looking at all of the blogs you have sent me - I've waited with great anticipation and prayed for your "red couch" moment! He is beautiful and Josh is an awesome big brother! The Lord has answered my prayers!!

Jeanie and Shane - You have a beautiful family and I can't wait to see you all again.

You are getting close to the "flight" which I hear can be the next challenge - I'm praying already for peace and comfort and strength!

God bless,
Patty for the Harral gang