Wednesday, September 5, 2007

How soon we forget...

Isn't it funny how quickly we forget things that we thing we'll NEVER forget?! For example, all day today, I've been trying to remember the name of a woman we met in China. We didn't just meet her in passing. We were in the same hotel in Guangzhou for 12 days. We saw each other and spoke at least once a day. We even got our kids the same day at the same place! And they loaned me wipes for the plane ride home. And I've already forgotten her name... No! It just came back to me! This was driving me crazy, because I could remember her husband''s name and their older daughter's name, but not the mom and new baby. But now I do.
I was thinking today that having Zeke home is so much better than I ever imagined it would be! Sometimes, I just catch myself staring at him! And then he looks over and gives me a huge smile...Ahh! One thing I won't forget is how hard it was to endure those months of waiting, with him on the other side of the world...But, it sure was worth it!

No comments: