And who knew Santa was at the mall this early?? Crazy!

After a while, Zeke seemed tired of being in the stroller, so I let him walk for a bit. (Yes, I know that was a stupid thing to do. Once you let the toddler out of the stroller, game's over!) We stumbled onto Pottery Barn Kids. I don't think I've ever actually been in that store! Well, there in the front of the store was this "Retro Kitchen" set that was so cool. I swear if I had $747 sitting around, I'd...no. even if I could, that's way too much to pay for a kids playset! Especially when I remember the really fun one I had as a child, which was made by my dad. But, trying it out was free! So, Zeke played with that for a while. They had these really cool food sets which were made of cloth. This is appealing to me since the little Z-man likes to throw things! I figure getting hit in the head with a piece of cloth fruit wouldn't be so bad! They had a cool pizza set, in which all the pieces velcro on. Neat! Then, Zeke went over to the bedroom area, where there on the table(just his size) sat a "woo-woo guck," known to the rest of us as a firetruck! He sat for about ten minutes playing with that until I made him say good-bye.

He didn't really want to go back into the stroller, but didn't really put up too much fuss...yet. Last stop(always the last stop, isn't it?) I had to get a couple things at the Clinique counter. He didn't like that, but the scooby doo gummies helped. Unfortunately they don't put enough into that bag! Then, I did it again...yep, I picked him up! Paid for my stuff, put his jacket on and then the fun began. He started screaming as I put him in the stroller. I walked from the front of the store to the parking entrance with a screaming kicking two year old tantrum in full force. I was a little worried he would either pop one of the straps or make contact with that cast on someone. Neither happened and we made it to the car. He cried most of the way home. At one point, he said "Mom. Help." Curious I turned around, only to see him holding one side of his car seat strap, with the buckle out! AUGH! Slam on brakes, pull into next parking lot and fix that. More screaming. More tears. Needless to say, last trip to the mall for me for quite a while!

1 comment:
Cute adventure....and I personally think you held up pretty well.
Post a Comment