Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Six Months!

Six months ago today, we saw Zeke for the first time in person. I'll always remember that first instant we saw him in the doorway of the room, holding onto his caregiver's hand. It sure has been a busy six months! Zeke is now beginning to put two words together at a time. He works with a teacher once a week from the county's Early Intervention program. She's really please with his progress. He really is a little sponge, and tries so hard to learn new words and concepts. Today I passed the bowl of popcorn to Josh, and Zeke said, "Mama, Josh, Thank you." So, he's not only learning, he's trying to teach his brother manners as well! In the car today, he was pretending to be asleep, and was so convincing I thought he really was asleep! I can't believe he didn't crack up laughing sooner. WHat a trip.
Friday he goes to have his FINAL CAST removed!! That hasn't quite sunk in yet. He will be wearing boots with a bar in between his feet. He'll wear it at least at night and nap time, and we're not sure if he'll need to wear it other times at first. This will hold the correction that was achieved through casting and surgery. The rate of relapse goes down as time goes by, but 90% will relapse if they DON"T wear the shoes and bar! (which according to our insurance co. is not medically necessary...)
Here's Zeke this morning, hanging out on a box and drinking his juice.

I've been having trouble uploading images here lately, so that's it for now.

No comments: