It has been a pretty exciting month for Zeke... about two weeks ago, he fell into the corner of the wall and needed 7 stitches. That was probably not his favorite day! Of course, he handled it well- he's quite a trooper. Honestly, I think for him the worst part of the stitches was that they covered up his face with that paper thing. Well, once he can talk more, he's welcome to tell me what the worst thing really was! For now, if you ask him what happened to his head, he says, "Josh!"
One day, I was cleaning up the kitchen, and Zeke came in the other room. I heard him talking about a diaper, so I came in. There he was, performing a diaper "change" on his bear. This is his favorite bear. It was given to him in the recovery room after his surgery. Bear always reads a story with us, but he can't sleep in the bed; only beside it!
Zeke is continuing to do well. He is walking better and better. He even occasionally stands on his right foot and holds the left one up! That's a real switch for a kid who two months ago didn't even want the right one to touch the ground! He's adding lots of new words to his vocabulary, and putting two and three words together. He's learnd to say "Mo-om" and roll his eyes like a teenager...hmmm...wonder where he learned that??? God has really blessed us through this joyful little bundle of energy!

No comments:
Post a Comment