Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentines Day!

Happy Valentines Day!! Just think, next year, Lord willing, there will be another Keating valentine to buy/make! I was, as always, aware of that. Even as I picked up a small gift for Josh. Next year, it will be two gifts... I know many people would get the gift now anyway, but I will settle for writing Zeke a letter in his journal. I'm also making a small photo album with a month by month "waiting calendar." I'm including those "waiting milestones," so one day we can look back with Zeke, and remember what we did as we were waiting for him. Anyway, it's in dire need of an update! And since we have a snow day from school (YIPEE!) I might have some extra time to work on it.
I have read for a while how important it is to study the culture from which ones child comes(in our case China). Today that really sunk in for me. I began to study Chinese New Year, to have a better understanding of this holiday. I started wondering if Zeke's caregivers are already getting excited about the opportunity to visit with family. Is there a special feeling of excitement in the air? 2007 is the Year of the Pig, the year of DingHai. Zeke was born in 2005, the year of the Rooster. We are considering going down to DC to watch the parade in Chinatown.
We have been waiting about a week for Pre-Approval. I'm not sure when we'll get this. I think FTIA's info said 3-7 weeks, so probably a bit longer for us!
I found some quotations on the website as I was looking up the New Year. I like this one: "An inch of time is an inch of gold. But an inch of gold can't buy an inch of time." How many people would pay that inch of gold, if it would bring their child home faster??? I'm reminded again of Psalm 139. I know that God has planned every step and every day of Zeke's life, including the day we will meet him. That's so comforting, especially to one who tends to be anxious when not "in control."

No comments: