Happy New Year! We celebrated our first CNY this weekend! We had some family over Saturday for dinner and cards...and of course fireworks!!
Since we had been busy with our guests Saturday, I didn't get the mail until last night. I was so surprised to find an envelope from the Department of Homeland Security. I jumped up and down, and then decided maybe I should open it, to be sure it was in fact good news! It was. There was our I797-C form, the awaited CIS approval. YEE-HAW! I wasn't going to start worrying about that for at least 2 or 3 more weeks. WE got this approval 11 days after our social worker mailed the homestudy! Amazing.
I've been reminding myself all along that God has a plan for every step along this journey. That has comforted me in a huge way. To realize that I'm not in control and don't have to be, because He has it all covered! Well, when I remembered this, I usually added something like "So if things take longer than I want, that's ok. He's in control." I didn't factor into my thoughts the fact that maybe God's plan would be shorter than mine! Wow! More encouragement and a huge blessing to have this form in hand!
Monday, February 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment