We got home last night at about 7o'clock, after being met at the airport by some friends and family. My sister from Montana was getting on a 6:37 flight back to Montana, and we walked out of our gate at about 6:15. My other sister ran with me and Zeke to the security check point at the next terminal over, and Judi and two of her girls came out for a quick hug and to meet Zeke. It was too short, but we were so glad they had even that quick chance to meet! We arrived home to a clean house, thanks to my other sister and neice! And a crib- thanks Gena! Of course, after unloading four suitcases and two rolling carryons, it doesn't look so good anymore! Zeke is doing well. What a blessing to have him taking the magnets off the fridge and leaving them everywhere! After living for so many months on opposite sides of the world, it sure is nice to finally be home together.
Tonight's big news...after his bath, I was getting Zeke dressed and I said "Zeke, Xing." (Which means "kiss") I puckered up, and he puckered up and kissed me! That was the first time. And he's a one woman man, since he won't kiss anyone else! Although I expect he was just all kissed out for the moment!
Then, as I was putting him to bed, he had me laughing so hard, I could barely stop to get him in bed! I was rocking him and he had his head on my shoulder. Then, he lifted his head up, and his eyes were closed. His head sort of wobbled, and his eyes opened a little bit and he rolled them back. It sort of looked like he was really sleepy. Then, the dimples popped out and his eyes popped open to check my reaction! Looks like there's another jokester in the family! What a perfect fit:)
Sunday, July 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I just got on here to read a bit and what a wonderful post to find. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful experience with me.
Welcome home, Keating family! Once you all get settled in, we'd love to see you all!
Marnea
Welcome Home - Keating Family!!!! Looking forward to seeing you once we return to town!!
God Bless,
Patty for the Harral gang
Glad to hear you have arrived home safely. Let me know what you still need for Zeke.
Barbara K.
So glad to read your blogs, too, Jean. Loved the photos, Shane's videos. Josh and Zeke make great brothers! Your writings are so eloquent - so heart-felt. We wish you all the best.
Love from Lyon,
Post a Comment