Mama says, "Zeke, you may be a brand new citizen, but if you knock me in the head with that flag one more time..."
and a sweet picture of two brothers
and a sweet picture of Shane and Zeke
Since we've been home, Zeke has continued to "blossom." Sounds kind of corny6, but really the best way of explaining it! Each day, his personality comes out more and more. He's communicating quite a bit. Today, he added head nods and shakes, as well as pointing to show what he wanted. He sort of points and shakes his finger! He also knows several signs: more, please, thank you, all done. Today he learned "beautiful." And I think he tried to use "I love you," but Shane is skeptical(because he wasn't around!) It is amazing to me how much English he seems to understand. And, like any child, he has a selective understanding! If you tell him "no," and he doesn't particularly want to stop, then he only speaks Mandarin!
Zeke has a very sweet side to his personality. Today was rough for him. First he had about five tubes of blood drawn, and then he had x-rays. After the x-rays, I was holding and comforting him. AFter a bit, he took his hands from around my neck, put them on my cheeks, puckered up and kissed me! Of course I melted ...
He also has a very mischievous side. Today, he wanted Josh, who was playing on the computer, to pick him up. Josh said No, not right now... So Zeke, stuck out his bottom lip, and displayed some eyes that any hiungry puppy dog would be proud of. Josh, of course, picked him up. As he put him up on his shoulder, Zeke looked across at me with a triumphant grin, as if to say, "GOTCHA!"

1 comment:
Jean.. I am crying as I read.. .I am so happy for you all.. He looks so natural with you guys!! Josh looks so grown up.. especially infront of the car photo on Shane's page...
congrats... Love ya Andrea
Post a Comment