Friday, August 10, 2007

The week in review...(pictures added)

It's been a good week here. Josh left Monday to spend the week with my parents. We really missed him! But, we're glad he is able to have his annual "Grandma Camp." He returns tomorrow.
Zeke continues to do a good job eating and his sleeping is improving some too. This week he has said "tea" and "apple." He continues to sign to let us know what he wants. The past few nights I have read "Goodnight Moon" at bedtime. (This was a favorite of Josh's at this age.) So, tonight I said ,"Let's go read a book," and he put his finger to his lips to say "shh." His favorite part is the "quiet old lady whispering hush!"
We've taken him to the pool a few times, and he loves it! He is very bold in the pool, and for someone who was terrified during his first bath, he's come quite a long way! Of course, we forget our camera each time we go to the pool! Tonight this kids had a toy where you pour water in and as it goes down, it makes the wheels spin. The kid had a bucket with a hole in the bottom, so you would fill up the bucket and hold it, right side up over the toy, and the water would go in. Well, Zeke couldn't get it through his head that his cup didn't have a hole in it! So, he kept filling it up, and holding it over, and nothing would happen! So, I'd tell him to pour, pour it for him, and then we'd start all over again!
We'll try to get him to the pool as much as possible over the next week. Friday, we go to see the orthopedic Dr., and it is possible he'll get his first cast. Well, I tried to add a few pictures, but it seems I'm having some technical difficulties tonight. Stay tuned...This was my three guys going off to a scout meeting. Zeke's shirt said "Little Scout Buddy."Here was Zeke, sleeping in the middle of our big bed in the hotel in Newark.

Self explanatory :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Keating Family!
May God Bless You and your new bundle of JOY!

Zeke looks like a very happy Mama's boy!

Welcome home Zeke!!!! We can't wait to meet you!!

Love in Christ!
The Baillie's

Anonymous said...

Hello, Mrs. Keating, it's me, Taylore.

Congratulations! You've finally got your hands on that boy!

Zeke looks bigger and more handsome than he did in those pictures you shared with us in class.

I'll keep Zeke in my prayers. I pray that he will be brave during his Dr visits!

Blessings,
Love,
Taylore

Anonymous said...

I love reading your updates.. I can totally visualize him playing in the pool.. .We sure wish we could be there to see how happy you all are... Love Andrea and Rob..

Anonymous said...

Hi Keatings,
Thanks for the updates. Look forward to seeing Zeke soon.
Love, Barbara and Bill K.

Anonymous said...

It warms my heart to read the reports of the "Zeke blossom" blossoming! All praise and glory!

Bill/Grandpa Bill