Yesterday was another day, another cast... Zeke added throwing things to his cache of objections! Normally, there's a lot of screaming. Yesterday, there was screaming, kicking (until I grabbed the leg), trying to hit(until I grabbed the arms), and then throwing things. Specifically a pen. Kind of funny. There was a doctor observing, and he thought he'd try to distract Zeke. It's all been tried before, but he was trying to be helpful. After making a few faces and noises didn't work, he got out his pen and clicked it a few times. Zeke reached for it. I guess the guy thought maybe he'd spend the rest of the casting quietly sitting on Mama's lap looking at the pen... Of course, Mama, who has been hit in the head by several flying missiles launched from Zeke's little hands, knew what was coming next. Yes, I could have been nice and said "Watch out; he throws things." But there are some things people just need to learn on their own. So, Zeke took the pen from the nice doctor who was trying to distract him, and hurled it at the doctor who was putting the cast on his foot! So, technically speaking, I guess he WAS distracted by the pen, right? Maybe next week, I could take a whole barrel of balls, or blocks, or ...pens, and let him throw them one by one. Perhaps they'd be done with the cast before he got to the bottom of the barrel...Hmmm...maybe I'm onto something here! Here are the pictures for this week...
Here is Zeke's foot after the cast was taken off.


Here are BOTH my boys. Josh is always a huge help, especially on Fridays!

Yesterday, I told Josh he could take whatever pictures he wanted once I got the ones I wanted of Zeke's foot! While you can't see a lot in the pictures, he did a good job of capturing the chaos! You can see how there are several people crowded around Zeke, and usually more than one pair of hands working on his foot!


Well, Zeke is really picking up some new signs, and repeating more and more words. He seems to use the words best that he has either signed, or are part of a song! Tonight, as I was singing to him before bed, he signed "more", and did one of the motions in a song he likes. I asked him if he wanted to sing that one, and he shook his head and said "Hands." Finally I said "Oh, He's got the whole world in His hands?" He got a big smile, and said "Whole.Hands." Of course we sang that one...
No comments:
Post a Comment