OK, I know I'm a few days late with this, but better late than never, right? It is now the year of the rat... Today, we celebrated the new year with our local FCC(Families with Children from China) group. We had a really good time. Zeke was able to make a dragon craft (with some help, of course), and Josh learned how to play "Go," also known as "Wei-Chi." As a bonus, we ran into some people we had met in China. Those who know Zeke, and are always commenting on his "busy-ness" will be surprised to know that he sat on Shane's lap for about 45 minutes today, watching the Chinese dance performance, followed by the Chinese Opera. He really enjoyed that. I wasn't sure how he'd react, since he's been a bit leery of all things Chinese...

Zeke in the craft room.

Some of the dancers

Zeke, Josh , and some of the performers.
href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhlvxiW_BCW2lL8eSmk5uwKuXDB73vTXXIHVevHkacysgb-BNpiDwJ6wb6XV0HFZ1siS3IReijBpSOhaxsblhDn5qhQZkF5t-WuEg2npUqJPuAM5jkJaaU1jJ-6Qq1INh7NjmYI9uDapyJ0/s1600-h/P1010022.JPG">

Josh, volunteering at the bake sale table.
We left before the end, so we missed the lion dance and bubble wrap "fireworks..." But, maybe next year! This was our first event with the group, and I'm sure we'll attend more.
No comments:
Post a Comment