Friday, September 14, 2007

Cast #4

Today, I took Zeke for cast #4. This was the first time I took him alone, and it was much harder, so I didn't get many good pictures! Our doctor came in on what I think was a day off to see a handful of patients. Sitting in the waiting room, we saw many young people with various cagelike apparatus on their arms or legs, with pins, etc. attached. I couldn't help but think how blessed we were! I couldn't see a dramatic difference in Zeke's foot from last week. It's probably hard to tell, since once the cast is off, his foot "wants" to turn in again. The cast this week is turned a bit more outward, so that's encouraging. I ran into one of the mom's we met at the course two weeks ago. It was encouraging to talk to her, since her son had a very severely clubbed foot(feet?), needing 14 casts! But now he's doing great, and is wearing two little sandles :) After leaving the hospital, we went up to our friends' house for a visit, and just got home. Zeke is not interested in sleeping right now. If my ears are right, he is now jumping up and down in his bed screaming... An over tired boy!
Here is the cast from last week.

And here's his foot tonight, after the cast was removed.

Here he is enjoying the lollipop, which of course was a sticky mess, and ended up all over both of us!

I tried to get a picture with his leg hanging over the edge, to compare with previous ones, but this was hard, because I had no one else to hold him still, and try to keep him from falling off the table!

That's it for tonight...I think it's going to be a long night!
Oh, since I was alone and got to pick out the cast color, I went with Hokie maroon, in honor of my alma mater!!
Here are some pictures of the new cast.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good choice on the cast color! I'm glad to hear things are going so well!

Go Hokies!
Marnea