Thursday, July 19, 2007

A fun Day









Today we went to White Cloud Mountain. The first picture (I think) is a sign that says "White Cloud Mountain Park Welcomes You." It was lovely. We did not walk up the mountain. We rode the golfcart. Our guide said her son and husband go there often, but they walk up, since her son is five and needs to get rid of energy! AT the top, the temperature was quite a bit cooler and there was a nice breeze. We rode the gondolas down the mountain.
Each day in the park, we have seen people playing jian zi(??). The game looks like hacky-sack, but the piece you kick is a bunch of disks at the bottom, and feathers at the top. Josh bought one in the store. Judy told him if he sees people playing they would be happy for him to join. So, at the top of the mountain, there was a group of ladies playing and Josh joined them. He had a great time! When he left, the ladies asked if he would be back tomorrow!
After dinner, he went to the park near our hotel, and joined a group of younger people playing. These players were about equal in skill level to Josh, so it was another good time. Every night in this park, people play badmitton, jian zi, or rollerblade. It is just lots of people having fun, and it's fun to watch, too.
I just fed Zeke his last bottle and got some good eye contact, which is a good thing!
This afternoon, I had some fun too. I went down the street to a place Judy reccommended for a foot massage. It lasted for 90 minutes. Judy reccommended the foot massage because it is more traditionally Chinese. They actually massage your back, shoulders, arms and lower legs too. I had a hard time stying awake!

No comments: