Sunday, July 15, 2007

Sunday afternoon...

Greetings from steamy Guangzhou! Our flight here was uneventful, and we were met at the airport by our local guide, Judy. When we landed, Josh looked out the window and said," That's the first time I've seen the sky since we got to CHina!" It was a bit hazy in Beijing! After checking into our hotel, she walked us around Shamian Island, where our hotel is located. This was a European settlement at some point. I'll try to get out tomorrow morning and take a few pictures. Thereare many shops nearby, and most offer laundry services as well, for a cheaper rate than the hotel. I'm sure we'll make use of that, since 40 pounds of luggage only goes so far! Tomorrow at 3 we meet Judy in the lobby. Then, we'll head over tothe Civil Affairs Bureau for Guangdong province to get Zeke. She said on the way back we can stop at Carefour (like Walmart) for diapers,etc. Of course, I'm remembering Josh's first trip to Walmart, where he was overdressed, and screamed from one end of the store to the other, until we took most of his clothes off! This one should be interesting too :)

No comments: