I took these pictures tonight after dinner. We went to the same park as last night. The same group of people were there. Some were playing badmitton. They recognized Josh and were happy to see him. One girl gave him her racquet and he played for a while. Then, they all started playing jianzi again. Zeke enjoyed watching, and after a while we went over to the other area where kids were rollerblading. He seems quite fascinated by that, and I keep telling him that when he's a big boy, he can do that too. This is one of my favorite things to do so far- just go to the park and watch and listen! Zeke just sits so quietly and looks all around. I really wonder at these times just what he is thinking!
This trip has really shown us so much about the Chinese culture that we could never ever learn in a book. What a gift! Judy was giving us some pointers about bargaining for the best price. That seems so different for us! But she says she had to learn because she does all the shopping for her family! Yet, when we bought the Chinese name poem, she recommended not bargaining. She said she feels like when buying jade or luggage, the people bought it and are reselling it. But this man has worked hard to learn his art, and truly doesn't make a lot of money. This was ok with us. (Shane posted those pictures earlier.)
Here's a funny story... Judy tought me how to say,"Don't cry. It's ok." I have also learned the word for "American." Both AMerican and It's ok start with an m... So, the other day, I basically told Zeke, "Don't cry. I'm an American!" Maybe I should stick to teaching him English!

3 comments:
Jean -
How exciting this adventure must be for you all. It's so wonderful that you are welcoming Zeke into your family. What a blessing. Enjoy the trip and these first precious days with him.
We'll miss you at the Family Reunion.
God bless.
Your Cousin Karen
This is just so fun to read!! You all look so natural together - fit together by the Lord!!!
Thanks for all of the updates - we miss you all!
Love,
Patty for the Harral Gang
Jean,
We are so happy for you! How beautiful he is... what a precious gift from above. Thanks for all the photos and explanations. You all look wonderful! Brings tears to my eyes...
Can't wait to meet him!
Love,
Marcy
Post a Comment